- In a world full of feeling you made me realise that love is just another four-letter word beginning with ƒ.
- Why were you so resentful if our parting was so bloodless and so average for someone of my age?
- I felt like a child, anxious to appear excited, at a fairground, knowing the hoops were too small to drop over the prize.
- Three months of webbed bliss: First month = I couldn’t believe it; Second month = You couldn’t believe me; Third month = we’d decided neither of us ought to believe any of it.
- I know you won’t take this personally, I cannot love anyone.
- You thought me a cream cake on a summer’s day: you became concerned that I’d go off on one!